Is Perception Reality?

miércoles, 8 de diciembre de 2010

Are All Memories Alike? - Cultural Differences

I found this article to be very interesting because I had never really thought on the topic of cultural differences in memory. I read the article and in my opinion, it is a very interesting fact to know that there are differences in memory within cultures like for example they say in the article that maybe a North Korean old guy could never remember something before age 4, but maybe a "gringo" might remember anything from 4 years and below because of what Freud called "childhood-amnesia". I learned a lot in this article because sometimes you are able to know something without really thinking about it and this is what happened to me when I was reading the article. there were some parts that I felt like i was hearing the same story I had heard from someone else before but never really sat down and thought about it really.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario